Jul 29, 2008

Wonderful News!!

We received such wonderful news today!! I had an appointment this afternoon with my oncologist, Dr. Juvvadi, and she confirmed that the tumor has significantly shrunk in size after only two rounds of chemo! We are just ecstatic. Keith's prayer that the chemo would be "hard on the cancer and easy on Val" has been answered.

Before my treatment began, the doctor told us that this particular cancer drug is very effective on my particular type of cancer, and that it was possible that my tumor would completely disappear. Well, we are on our way to that end.

This news does not change the treatment plan long-term, but it encourages us that the chemo is effective and that the cancer is being eliminated.

God has blessed me in so many ways - I am experiencing minimal side effects to the chemo, and now this good news. Please join me in thanking our Lord for answering our prayers. I continue to be blessed beyond measure by your prayers.

"On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many." 2 Corinthians 1:10-11

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!

cathy said...

Val,You have so many wonderful friends and caring church family members that are loving on you and your family right now. I am feeling grateful for them. There hasn't been a day go by that Jim and I haven't lifted you up in prayer since we heard of your diagnosis. Your mom called to tell me the doctor's "kick butt" report. God isn't good. He is GREAT!
All things are possible with God. I am so thankful that you and your family have that confidence. It always makes me feel relieved when I am reminded that God isn't wringing His hands. He is in control.
Monday I got a port. I said to myself, "If Val did it, I can do it." You are my hero!
We will continue to pray... and you continue to know how much we love you.
Cathy